Finding An Interesting Term Paper Topic About Education In The USA
One of the most exciting, and at the same time challenging parts of writing your term paper
is choosing the topic. If it feels overwhelming, don’t worry because this article will give you some pointers for finding the perfect topic about education in the USA. The following list will provide you with some ideas you can use as a starting point.
- Is it ethical for shoe companies to be giving away free equipment and shoes to high school athletes?
- Should it be up to parents to censor the literature and content of textbooks for their children in US schools?
- Is important American historical information being lost or overlooked because we live in the information age?
- Should other forms of assessment be used in lieu of the current exam-taking method? How and why is this method not as reliable as others? What would be a more relevant alternative?
- Should it be a requirement for school children to say the Pledge of Allegiance in the academic setting?
- Does the USA have grade inflation compared to other countries? Why does the US have more students with A’s that most European countries?
- Should school cafeterias have restrictions placed on them by the government for the types of foods they are allowed to serve?
- Every year the debate of school uniforms resurfaces? Are there any new pros or cons on this ongoing issue?
- What advantages and disadvantages are there for gender-specific schools? Are girls-only or boys-only schools making a comeback?
- Should children be expected to learn another language through their elementary years?
- Should more emphasis be placed in the elementary school system on identifying and catering to a student’s learning style?
- Are there currently sufficient supports within the academic system for students with special needs for their education, such as inclusion, specialized programs, aides, and other needs?
- Should the nature and goals of the educational system be revisited? Are they obsolete or outdated?
- Should curriculum development take place on a yearly or biyearly basis?
- Are computers and technology being adequately incorporated into classrooms at every grade level from kindergarten to 12th grade?
- Are teachers doing a good job of maintaining order in the classroom?
- Should there be less emphasis placed on paper writing and more emphasis placed on in-class work?
- Should science classes be allowed more lab time so students get more hands-on experience with science principles?