12 Simple Topics You Can Use For A Research Paper On A Nursing Career
A nursing career can be very rewarding and demanding at the same time. If you have been asked to create a paper about a nursing career it should be very informative and hopefully help someone decide if nursing is for them. Here are 12 simple topics you can use for a research paper on a nursing career:
- How much does it cost to become a nurse? You can discuss the different programs that are available to get licensed and possibly the differences in the costs of schooling in different parts of the country.
- What types of nurse can you become? There are nurses in many different areas such as pediatric, geriatrics, orthopedics, obstetrics, etc. Discuss how they are different.
- What is the difference between an RN and an LPN? Discuss the differences in the responsibilities of these two types of nurses.
- What type of salary can a nurse make? It may be interesting to explain how much different levels of nurses make and what the salary differences are in different parts of the country or the world.
- What types of advancement opportunities exist for nurses? There are different grades of nursing. Discuss how they are different and what has to be done to upgrade.
- What does it take to be a nurse? What type of personality is required to be good at nursing?
- Do you have to have a license to be a nurse? Do all states require state licensing to practice as a nurse?
- What is the job outlook for nursing? Is the job market changing and is it different in various parts of the country?
- Do certain parts of the country pay more for working as a nurse?
- What other opportunities are there to work as a nurse besides a hospital? Discuss private home nursing, school nurses, and other types of nursing that can be an option.
- How has nursing changed over the years? What was nursing like many years ago and how have the responsibilities changed?
- Where does a nurse’s responsibility end and a doctor’s begin?
A nursing career is not for everyone but it can be extremely satisfying and worthwhile. Reading papers of this type may help someone decide if this type of career is something they may want to pursue.